There are so many changes that are occurring for Machelle that I think it would only be fair to go through a list of questions on a weekly basis so that she can see the changes that her body takes over the course of this wonderful journey. I promise to not make them long and drawn out, just basic questions regarding how she is feeling and other stuff. I (Mary) have been extremely busy with work recently, but that will slow down soon! I also think that I will ask a few questions of myself on a weekly basis because I have noticed that there aren’t too many resources out there for the wife of a pregnant lady! Maybe someone can relate to the things that we are saying–hopefully!
Questions for Machelle- Week 9
1. Are you feeling nauseous? Yes, a couple of days were not so bad–week 7 and 8 were the worst
2. Are you more tired than normal? No, I feel much better this week than I had in week 7 and 8
3. Any weird dreams? Not this week
4. Can you feel the baby move? No
5. What are you most excited about? Hearing the heartbeat at the 12 week appointment so that I know everything is ok…and telling Mary’s sister
6. What are you most nervous about? Hearing the heartbeat and getting through my systems analysis class..and finishing the taxes.
7. What is one thing you would like to accomplish this week in order to get ready for Doodle? Look up what you are supposed to add to registry so that we don’t over or under do it
8. What is one thing that has happened that you didn’t expect? Constipation
9. Are you seeing any changes in your body (that you feel comfortable discussing–of course)? More hair on my belly
10. What is one thing that Mary can do for you to make your life a little less stressful? Take care of the insurance, buy a vacuum, and renew the home owner’s warranty.
Questions for Mary- Week 9
1. How are you feeling this week? This week I have been extremely tired–due to work. I also recently hurt my ankle and it has made doing things a little bit more difficult–but hopefully that is on the mend!
2. What are you most excited about? Telling my sister and then announcing it “to the world” on Facebook. I am a little worried about the possible questions that people will ask that they would never ask a straight couple–like “How’d you do it?” but I know that most of those questions are only because of a curiosity and do not come from a place of hate.
3. What are you most nervous about? What the community will say..and constantly having to say that it is Machelle that is pregnant..because that can obviously get a little confusing to other people.
4. What is one thing that you would like to accomplish this week in order to get ready for Doodle? Fix the bi-fold doors that enclose the washer and dryer
5. What is one thing that happened this week that you didn’t expect? Finding out that Machelle’s Grandfather was not already a great grandfather..so Doodle will be the first–and seeing how happy the announcement of a baby makes people!
6. What has Machelle craved this week? Pickles and Chick Fil A
7. What is one thing that you can do this week to make Machelle feel more comfortable or ease anxiety for her? Make sure that I complete what she has asked me to in regards to a couple of bills and questions we have about the insurance.
I will do my best to complete these every week..I have realized that time passes by so quickly but I think this will also help us be more organized and be more in touch with what is going on with each other. Sometimes it can be difficult to work 2 jobs, go to school, care for a home and still make time for each other..I can only imagine when there is another person in our lives that we will be taking care of and loving.
2 thoughts on “Week 9 and Life…”
We told some family soon…but wanted to have a couple of ultrasounds to make sure all was well.
I have one more question…how in the world did yall keep this a secret for so long!?!?! 😉