**Disclaimer: The writer of this blog has somewhat of a twisted, sarcastic sense of humor. This disclaimer is for the remainder of the blog posts as well. You have been warned.**
Questions for Machelle- Week 12
1. Are you feeling nauseous? No!
2. Are you more tired than normal? No!
3. Any weird dreams? No..I guess I sound kinda boring this week
4. Can you feel the baby move? No…but we got to hear the baby’s heartbeat with the doppler and that was very re-assuring and exciting
5. What are you most excited about? Hopefully feeling the baby move soon and making baby blankets for our little doodlebug. I also really like hearing the heartbeat and letting Mary hear the heartbeat. I am also really excited that Mary’s Mom is going to be able to come to the anatomy scan (where they make sure that the baby has the parts that it should have!).
6. What are you most nervous about? Scaring Mary off with the emotional roller coaster that I am currently on..and starting the birthing classes and not knowing anything.
7. What is one thing you would like to accomplish this week in order to get ready for Doodle? Clean out the office, which will be the new nursery. I need to get back in the habit of working out 3-4 times a week.
8. What is one thing that has happened that you didn’t expect? I didn’t expect it to hurt when I turn over at night while I am sleeping or trying to get comfortable.
9. Are you seeing any changes in your body (that you feel comfortable discussing–of course)? Pants are getting a little bit tighter. It is confusing to me that I have lost weight but feel so much heavier. It is weird that I don’t want to eat as much as I used to or as fast as I used to.
10. What is one thing that Mary can do for you to make your life a little less stressful? Mary has been doing everything that I ask and don’t ask..so I think I’ll give her a week off of me asking her to do stuff (In case you couldn’t tell this is Mary typing..bahahaha). Machelle said I needed to move the heavy furniture out of the old office this week.
Questions for Mary- Week 12
1. How are you feeling this week? Excited..I may not always show it, because that’s not the type of person that I am..but I am very excited about this whole process.
2. What are you most excited about? Continuing to hear the baby’s heartbeat on the doppler that we have..yep we are those parents..yep we bought one..yep I may have put it up to my heart to hear the heartbeat.
3. What are you most nervous about? Not getting things around the house done in time for doodlebug’s arrival.
4. What is one thing that you would like to accomplish this week in order to get ready for Doodle? Move furniture around so that we can make room for the nursery
5. What is one thing that happened this week that you didn’t expect? My anxiety level to increase. Someone will ask me when I am going to have things done around the house and for some reason, it makes me really anxious and feel like I am completely running out of time.
6. What has Machelle craved this week or what weird food combo has taken place this week? Nothing out of the ordinary. Still liking a lot of fruit..and one night she really wanted a glass of wine but settled for grape juice instead (thank god;-D). The night of the grape juice incident I was sent to the store to get grape juice, chocolate milk and Sprite and all 3 were consumed with dinner..
7. What is one thing that you can do this week to make Machelle feel more comfortable or ease anxiety for her? Start working on my “To Do” list for before the baby gets here
We just got back from a nice lunch of homemade lasagna and salad that my mom and dad made. We are very lucky to be able to spend the afternoon with them and my sister and Marc. Machelle cleaned the house this morning while I was at work. It was very nice to come home to a clean house and it is also a nice way to start a work week! We have a pretty busy week (for us at least) this week..we both have meetings/lessons tomorrow night and Wednesday and we also are going to go see the author of “Orange is the New Black” speak on Tuesday night. Wednesday is our anniversary. We will have been married for 3 years and together for 7. I am very lucky to have someone that still looks at me like the first day that we met..and why shouldn’t she–I only get better looking with age!!